Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wonderful world of wikis

I love wikis, and some of the examples mentioned in the Week 6 post were fascinating to observe how the technology was utilised.

In particular I loved the Wookiepedia for Star Wars devotees, there was some serious information available on the site. Compared to the Police Act wiki set up for NZ, which obviously needed a more deliberate approach for the content. Either approach provided an access point for the intended user to find the information as quickly as possible.

Before I had started Learning 2.0, I was lucky to find a wiki site which I used to load my Preschool program modules so that colleagues in other library services can access or members of the public. My wiki can be found at http://wyongkidscount.wetpaint.com/ if you would like to have a look.

I think the wiki could be a really useful tool for Readers Advisory or similar programs as the content can be updated so quickly and allows remote access users the opportunity to contribute if they are so inclined.

No comments: